Thursday, February 10, 2011

Comparing Inventories


COMPARING INVENTORIES








Joanna Herbert
University of Alabama
February 10 2011
College of Education









After taking my Cognitive and Learning style inventory tests I learned that I have a Sensorial/ Rational cognitive style which means that I like to take in information though my senses and that I use a lot of common sense. I am also a 42% Auditory, 31% visual, and 26% Kinesthetic learner, meaning that I mainly learn better with some sort of noise, and like to be told things rather than have to read them. I like how the Learning style test told me how much of each learning style I am because it shows that I am not just one specific style.
I do believe that the results of my Cognitive style test are true because I tend to take things in through my senses and tend to be a pretty rational person. I tend to remember details of memories very well and that is one of the aspects of a sensorial/rational cognitive style. For example, I can remember what the weather was like on a day that I had a fight with a best friend, and can remember what a room looked like from a childhood memory.
 I also believe the percentages of my learning style test to be correct. I have always been better at doing things when people tell me how to do it rather than having to read directions. I can remember song lyrics better than class notes, and always work better with some sort of music or background noise. I constantly walk around singing songs from my past and that always helps me get through my day.
I think that I will be able to use this information in my future classroom. I will make sure that a lot of the activities that I do with my class are hands on and fun. I will play music during quiet work time and will encouraged my class to talk quietly to each other and work together in group, therefore encouraging communication within my classroom. Hopefully doing these things will some of my students learn better and also help me work better so I can be the best teacher I can possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment